The Proposal

November 12, 2005

We flew into Vancouver for the weekend to celebrate my grandmother's 95th birthday. The next day, Todd had planned a surprise dinner out. I wasn't feeling so well from taking a flu shot that day and asked Todd to cancel, but he insisted on taking me out for dinner so I went along with it. I'm glad I did, because he took me to Lumiere, a fabulous French restaurant who's chef beat out Mori Moto, an Iron Chef. We enjoyed a 10 course, 3 hour meal and they kept bringing out amazing dishes one after the other. My tastebuds were in heaven, but our stomaches were stuffed silly. We almost didn't make it through the entire dinner.

After dinner, we went back to our room at the Sutton Place Hotel. When we got back, Todd had another surpise - an ipod NANO which I was so excited about. He asked me to close my eyes and listen to a song he had downloaded to the NANO. When I opened my eyes, there were rose petals scattered throughout the room and it smelled so nice. He started talking and I could tell he was nervous, and continued on with his touching speech. He finally got down on his knee and proposed and I said YES! The ring was beautiful, and something that he had personally designed. He even had champagne and chocolates waiting.

He told me that before dinner he had gone out with my parents for coffee and asked them for their blessing. He was very nervous, but got through it and made some promises to them. He did this over nachos and pumpkin pie at Dennys, of all places :-) He also asked his own parents for their blessing before he came out to Vancouver. So he scored a hatrix - 3 yeses in a row!
--Alisa

1 Comments:

At 3:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

congratulation you two lovely birds, it will be way cool wedding :)
xoxo,
Petra&Mis*a

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJtG6KmseCI

 

Post a Comment

<< Home